Quotes and Thoughts
This is a ongoing compilation of good quotes and thoughts - some my own, and others that I just don't want to ever forget. I hope you recieve these in the fullness of His love.
- We are indeed going through a great trial -- a fiery trial. In the very responsible position in which I happen to be placed, being a humble instrument in the hands of our Heavenly Father, as I am, and as we all are, to work out His great purposes, I have desired that all my works and acts may be according to His will, and that it might be so, I have sought His aid -- but if after endeavoring to do my best in the light which he affords me, I find my efforts fail, I must believe that for some purpose unknown to me, He wills it otherwise.
Abraham Lincoln (reference)
- There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
- We are either motivated by LOVE or FEAR, the choice is up to you.
Bill Johnson, Redding, CA
- Continue to seek perfection (with the sanctification process of His blood) in your life at present time; don't let your past sins justify continued weakness and fear.
- It is of great concern to me when a professing Christian makes up his own rules to suite his circumstances.
- As evangelists for the Lord, our job is to paint the picture, and let the eyes of beholder come to the meaning.
- We seek after material possessions to fill our void, but there will come a day when we all see that God is our greatest fulfillment.
- If you respect God but do not fear Him, you will consider His commandments negotiable.
- There is only one way to avoid criticism:
- do nothing
- say nothing
- and be nothing